Course type: Workshop
Estimated course length: 4 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £690 + VAT
To provide operatives with knowledge and skill relating to the installation, exchange, removal and commissioning of gas meters.
Range of meters covered – Primary and secondary meters up to 6 cubic metres per hour capacity.
Operatives installing meters with a higher supply pressure, between 75 mbar – 2 bar, will additionally require the REGT1 assessment.
The Initial CMA1 and appliances course is for gas meter installers whose existing CMA1 has lapsed by more than 12 months or for candidates who are new to the industry and have undertaken a managed learning programme.
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
Membership of the Gas Safe Register is a legal requirement for any installer wishing to carry out gas work in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey.
The candidate will be assessed in the following areas:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Test for tightness
- Checking and/or setting meter regulations
- Identification of unsafe situations
- The Operation and positioning of emergency controls
- Emergency notices and warning labels
- The operation and checking of gas safety devices and controls
- Flue testing
- Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted flue assemblies
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of combustion
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances