Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 9 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £1395 + VAT
This package course includes training and assessment on commercial core gas safety, installation first fix of commercial pipework and appliances, commission, service, repair and breakdown of 3 commercial appliances and tightness testing and direct purging of installation pipework.
The package course also includes training and assessment on the Commercial Catering Gas Safety (CCCN1 or CODC1) ACS qualification and catering appliances groups 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (COMCAT1, COMCAT2, COMCAT3, COMCAT4 & COMCAT5).
This package is for experienced gas engineers. For Commercial Heating engineers, a COCN1 certificate is required. For Core Commercial Catering engineers, a CCCN1 certificate is required. For Domestic Engineers changing over to Commercial Heating, a current CCN1 certificate is required.
From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
The course includes training on the following:
- Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations
- Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure
- Installation requirements for commercial gas pipework
- Commercial chimney requirements and Clean Air Act
- Ventilation requirements for commercial appliances in different locations
- Combustion analysis including NOx and SOx
- Operation of forced draught burners
- Commercial appliance and pipework controls
- Strength testing, tightness testing and purging of commercial gas pipework
The assessment includes practical tasks and multiple-choice question papers on the following modules:
- COCN1/CODNCO1 – Core Commercial Gas Safety
- ICPN1 – Installation First Fix on Commercial Pipework
- CIGA1 – Indirect Fired Commercial Appliances
- CDGA1 – Direct Fired Commercial Appliances
- CORT1 – Overhead Radiant Tube & Radiant Plaque Heaters
- TPCP1a – Tightness Testing & Direct Purging of Pipework not exceeding 1m³ in volume
- CODC1 or CCCN1 – Changeover or Core Commercial Catering Gas Safety
- COMCAT1 – Commercial catering boiler burners, open/solid top ranges, hot plates and bain maries.
- COMCAT2 – Water boilers (pressure types), pressure steamers, pressurised steaming ovens, and ancillary equipment.
- COMCAT3 – Commercial catering deep fat and pressure fryers, griddles and grills
- COMCAT4 – Fish and chip frying ranges manufactured to customer specification, normally assembled on site to meet requirements of the shop front.
- COMCAT5 – forced draught burner catering appliances, such as commercial-scale pizza ovens.