Enter some details below to request a call back

Information Request Only:

Course overview

Skills Training Group’s LPG Changeover Course in Glasgow is ideal for qualified gas engineers aiming to install, service, commission, and repair LPG appliances.

Reassessment fee: £295 + VAT

Initial course fee: £345 + VAT

Modules breakdown

The Glasgow course offered by Skills Training Group includes training and assessment on the following topics:

  1. CONGLP1 PD – Training for working with LPG in Permanent Dwellings.
  2. CONGLP1 LAV – Focused on Leisure Accommodation Vehicles.
  3. CONGLP1 RPH – Tailored for Residential Park Homes.
  4. Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures – Essential safety measures and protocols.
  5. Characteristics of LPG – Understanding the properties and specifics of Liquefied Petroleum Gas.
  6. LPG Supply Pressures – Operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow controls, and valves for cylinders.
  7. Cylinder Location, Safety, and Sizing – Ensuring correct placement and compliance with safety standards.
  8. Installation of Pipework and Fittings – Covering a range of pipe sizes from 6 mm to 28 mm.
  9. Tightness Testing for PD, LAV, and RPH – Testing with a total internal volume ≤ 0.035 m³ and operating pressure ≤ 37 mbar.

For students undertaking LPG training for the first time, an additional half-day of realistic working environment training is included to enhance practical skills.

Some of our clients who trust us with their training:


Entry requirements

Learners wishing to enroll in this course must already be qualified in either Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety (CCN1) or Core Commercial Gas Safety (COCN1). Additionally, they must have qualifications in natural gas appliances corresponding to the LPG appliances they intend to work on. For instance, to work on an LPG cooker in a leisure accommodation vehicle, learners must possess the following qualifications:

  1. Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1)
  2. Domestic Cookers (CKR1)
  3. LPG Changeover (CONGLP1 LAV)

The course offers two pathways:

  • Initial: This is for gas installers whose existing certification has expired by more than 12 months or for candidates who are obtaining this qualification for the first time.
  • Re-assessment: Operatives looking to undertake re-assessment must enroll in the course no later than 12 months following the expiry of their existing qualification. They can complete the re-assessment up to six months prior to this expiry date, without affecting the future expiry date of the qualification.

From Monday, 1st September 2022, individuals must have been registered on the Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 12 months before they can add additional appliances to their initial registration.

Contact us

Very positive feedback from all staff who were on the training, great trainers and they made the topic interesting and easy to understand.

Richard Irvin Logo
Our trainer, Glenn Wilson.

Other Information

Training Manuals

As part of their course, candidates will receive an LCL Awards LPG Safety Manual.

What do I need to bring with me?

Please ensure you bring the following items to your course:

  • One passport-sized photograph (if not previously submitted)
  • Formal identification (Passport or Driving licence)
  • Copies of previous qualifications, such as ACS or plumbing certificates

Is it worthwhile getting qualified in LPG?

In the UK, the gas grid network covers 84% of households. The remaining 16%, including about 2 million rural off-grid homes, rely on LPG as they do not have access to the main gas network. LPG serves as a clean, versatile, and efficient fuel alternative, making it a crucial element of the UK’s energy infrastructure. This ensures that these homes have access to gas and benefit from the advantages of gas-powered systems and technologies.

How do I book?

To book your place, call our Glasgow office at 0808 164 2780 and speak with our friendly customer service team. They will assist you with information about dates and availability and can process payments via debit or credit card to secure your enrollment.

Contact us