We appreciate at this time of uncertainty the pandemic is having a huge impact on our lives.
The Health and Safety of our employees and customers remain our number one priority and we have been working behind the scenes to implement further control measures at all centres.
Skills Training Group would like to share with you some of the additional measures that have been put in place for both staff and candidates.
What we are doing:
- We are and will continually monitor guidance and advice provided by the U.K. and Scottish governing bodies.
- To enable us to Adhere to safe social distancing you will notice class sizes have been reduced.
- Some areas have had Perspex glass temporary installed to ensure we keep everyone as safe as possible.
- As per government advice as and when PPE is recommended this will be made readily available and should be utilised by students and staff.
- Clear signage and signposting Has been placed in and around the centre to advise everyone on any safety/PPE measures required for that area such as reminders when to wear gloves/face coverings in certain areas or one way systems.
- We are redesigning customer flows through centres to minimise contact opportunities.
- Additional hand sanitising stations are being set up, including the availability of alcohol-based antibacterial hand gel.
- We are going to be staggering the breaks for our different courses to prevent any high volumes of traffic.
- Students will have their temperatures taken by their trainer and recorded in the class registers.
- Due to health and safety unfortunately we cannot offer the use of any kitchen facilities except to top up water bottles.
If you are coming to a Skills Training Group centre, here’s what you need to do:
- Please bring your own cold packed lunch, we would recommend a sandwich and some snacks like fruit, crisps and a snack bar (the microwave and canteen facilities will be unavailable which is why we ask you to bring a cold pack lunch) Please also bring your own refillable water bottle, or if you like tea and coffee, a flask where possible.
- Contact the centre or a member of staff and inform them if you have any concerns about restarting the course. If you require additional support and this can be facilitated then the centre will strive to do this.
- Everyone entering the centre MUST wear a face covering at all times and go directly to class (please arrive on time and do not loiter around/in the centre when either moving between areas or after class)
- If you require to purchase a high quality reusable breathable face covering (the cost is £7) please contact the centre PRIOR to attending so arrangements can be made thus is to ensure you and everyone’s else’s safety when entering the centre.
- On arrival at the centre you must make your way directly to your classroom for the start time of your course, following the signposting.
- If and any point when in the centre you feel unwell remain where you are and inform a member of staff who will assist you to a place of safety. You may be asked if safe to do so to go home and contact your GP or nhs24.
- A member of staff will contact you to discuss your future on the course we will adhere to try and enable you to complete the course if/when possible.
- If you still have a balance to pay unfortunately due to the current climate, we are unable to accept cash, therefore, please contact the centre to arrange to do this electronically.
We hope that you understand why we have had to put these measures in place, and we thank you for your patience whilst at the centres during this difficult time.
We look forward to welcoming you at Skills Training Group once again.