Course type: Workshop
Estimated course length: 2 Days
Entry Requirements: CCN1
Cost: £245 + VAT
BOILER FAULT FINDING COURSE OVERVIEW
Skills Training Group’s boiler fault-finding course is designed for heating engineers, who have little or no knowledge of boiler fault finding and want to improve or enhance their skills and practice in a comfortable and welcoming environment.
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
Not only can the skills and knowledge from this course make your day to day job easier, but they can also make you money.
If you’re self-employed you can start taking on more work and have the opportunity to upsell boiler replacements if the boiler is beyond economic repair.
If you’re employed, greater skills make you a more valuable asset to employers with the opportunity to progress your career, earn more money and increase job retention.
If you’re a heating installer and the product you installed fails or doesn’t work out the box, it’s not a great customer experience having to wait on the manufacturer visiting the property for a breakdown. Some manufacturers take £100 deposit before attending, with the customer being responsible for the cost if it’s not a boiler-related problem, which can open up a can of worms.
The profit from one boiler breakdown could be enough to pay for this course. The question is; can you afford not to learn boiler fault finding?
DAY 1 – FAULT FINDING
The day is jam-packed with practical tips, advice and hands-on learning, here are some of the things you will learn about:
- How to use a multimeter and suitable voltage detectors quickly and efficiently.
- Essential electrics – Understand resistance, current and voltage testing.
- Component testing including:
- Pumps standard & ERP.
- Diverter Valves.
- Switches – hydraulic, Electrical, Pneumatic & Electromechanical relationships
- Safety & Operational sequence controls and the relationship to volatile lockout.
- Temp sensors & stats
- Heat exchangers & blockages – Non-invasive fault-finding techniques to save time and money.
- A fresh approach to software faults.
- System design overview.
- System controls and ancillary equipment diagnostics.
DAY 2 – WIRING & CONTROLS COURSE
Our wiring & controls course will help you master the wiring of boilers and zone valves.
Some of the topics you’ll learn on our wiring & controls course are:
- 3 Port & 2 Port Controls: Control boards will be available on the course, so you can learn on full systems with faults and wiring required from start to finish, just like they will be found in customer’s premise for you to work in a very realistic scenario. It’s all great on a board right in front of you when you can see everything, but real life is more difficult. We can show you how to identify cables and the components they are connected to when they are far away from each other.
- Programmers & Smart Controls: Learn how to use install them.
- Zone Valves: Zone valves can have orange, white, brown or grey wires. We will teach you how to wire these without any confusion.
- The Sequence of Wiring: This causes lots of problems for both gas engineers and electricians. You will be confident in the sequence of wiring after completing your training.
- Fault Finding: Flowcharts for all potential faults, room & cylinder stats with and without voltage using your multimeter, our simple diagrams will demonstrate any faults.