The two-day Fault Finding and Wiring & Controls course in Glasgow provides an immersive and practical learning experience for professionals in the field.
Day 1 focuses on fault finding, covering aspects such as boiler diagnostics with a multimeter, essential electrics, heat exchangers, software issues, and component testing.
Day 2 shifts to wiring and controls, teaching skills in wiring boilers and zone valves, working with smart controls, and understanding the complexities of wiring sequences and fault finding with flowcharts and diagrams.
This course is designed to enhance practical skills in realistic scenarios, ensuring participants are well-equipped to handle real-world challenges in their field.
DAY 1 – FAULT FINDING
The first day of our fault finding course is jam-packed with practical tips, advice and hands-on learning. Here are some of the things you will learn about:
- Boiler fault finding with a multimeter
- Essential electrics – Understand resistance, current and voltage testing.
- Heat exchangers & blockages – Non-invasive fault-finding techniques to save time and money.
- A fresh approach to software faults.
- System design overview.
- System controls and ancillary equipment diagnostics.
- Component testing & troubleshooting including:
- Pumps standard & ERP.
- Diverter Valves.
- Switches – hydraulic, Electrical, Pneumatic & Electromechanical relationships
- Safety & Operational sequence controls and the relationship to volatile lockout.
- Temp sensors & stats
DAY 2 – WIRING & CONTROLS COURSE
Our wiring & controls course will help you master the wiring of boilers and zone valves.
Some of the topics you’ll learn on our wiring & controls course are:
- 3 Port & 2 Port Controls: Control boards will be available on the course so you can learn on full systems with faults and wiring required from start to finish, just like they will be found in a customer’s premise for you to work in a very realistic scenario. It’s all great on a board right in front of you when you can see everything, but real life is more difficult. We can show you how to identify cables and the components they are connected to when they are far away from each other.
- Programmers & Smart Controls: Learn how to use install them.
- Zone Valves: Zone valves can have orange, white, brown or grey wires. We will teach you how to wire these without any confusion.
- The Sequence of Wiring: This causes lots of problems for both gas engineers and electricians. You will be confident in the sequence of wiring after completing your training.
- Fault Finding: Flowcharts for all potential faults, rooms & cylinder stats with and without voltage using your multimeter – our simple diagrams will demonstrate any faults.