Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 3 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £600 + VAT
CESP1 (or a suitable changeover – CODNESP1) is required for any engineer wishing to either carry out emergency service gas work or gas metering work. In addition, the engineer must hold the relevant pipework or meter element for the work they wish to undertake.
For candidates undertaking this course for the first time or if they have expired for more than twelve months, they will be required to undertake one extra day’s assessment at an additional cost of £150 + VAT.
Candidates must have successfully completed a Gas Foundation Managed Learning Programme (GGFO) or hold one of the following core qualifications:
Candidates must hold CESP1.
This course comprises of 11 Core Competencies:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Ventilation requirements for Domestic and Commercial Appliances
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Tightness Testing & Purging of Domestic Sized NG Installations
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Notices and Warning Labels
- The Operation of and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Flueing Standards
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Re-light Appliances/Plants
Range of fittings covered: All Gas Fittings.
A certificate of competence issued against this assessment criteria will be valid when the holder is carrying out emergency service work covered by the certificate for a Gas Transporter or appointed Emergency Services Provider.
Learners will receive a certificate of competence from LCL Awards after successfully passing this course.
For further information or to book your course, contact a member of our customer service team on 0800 164 2780.