Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 3 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £650 + VAT
CESP1 and CMA1 (or a suitable changeover – CODNESP1) are required for any operative wishing to either carry out emergency service gas work or gas metering work. In addition, the operative must hold the relevant pipework or meter element for the work they wish to undertake.
Learners must have successfully completed a Gas Foundation Managed Learning Programme (GGFO) or hold one of the following core qualifications:
Learners must hold CESP1, CMA1 OR CCN1.
This Gas Safety Assessment comprises of 11 Core Competences:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Ventilation requirements for Domestic and Commercial Appliances
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Tightness Testing & Purging of Domestic Sized NG Installations
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Notices and Warning Labels
- The Operation of and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Flueing Standards
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Re-light Appliances/Plants
Range of fittings covered: All Gas Fittings. A certificate of competence issued against this assessment criteria will be valid when the holder is carrying out emergency service work covered by the certificate for a Gas Transporter or appointed Emergency Services Provider.