Our First Aid at Work Requalification Course runs from 9:00 – 16:00.
The FAW training syllabus covers some important general first aid topics, including:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Recording and reporting of accidents and incidents including RIDDOR
- Discussion of specific work-related injuries
- Contents of a first aid kit (including preventing cross-infection)
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
Need a different course? View all of our first aid qualifications.
For group bookings, we can deliver this course in-house at your venue.
This course is for candidates who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification which is being renewed before the 3-year expiry date.
The course will also educate employees on how to handle a wide range of specific work-related situations, as well as teaching them cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for adults, children, and babies. Over the course of the three days, they will be taught how to deal with:
- Minor cuts, grazes, splinters, and burns
- Wounds and bleeding
- Anaphylactic shock
- Heart attacks and angina
- Unconscious colleagues
- Sudden poisoning
- Eye injuries
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints including suspected spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- AED & CPR
- Head injury, spinal injury,
- Emergency symptoms
- Bites & stings