Enter some details below to request a call back

Information Request Only:

Course overview

HTR1 is designed to assess the competence of a gas engineer to install, exchange, commission, disconnect, service, carry out repairs and attend to the breakdown of appliances. However, as with all ACS assessments, HTR1 will only assess an engineer’s competence in matters of gas safety, it will not assess other key skills such as building works or electrical installation etc.

Due to the range of appliances and work activity covered by HTR1, during assessment gas engineers must be able to correctly identify the appliance type, apply the guidance given in the manufacturer’s instructions and appropriate British Standard, and ensure that the appliance is safe to use.

Modules breakdown

Refresher training & assessment of the following:

  1. Open flued gas fires (radiant/convector)
  2. Open flued inset live fuel effect gas fires (ILFE)
  3. Open flued decorative fuel effect gas fires (DFE)
  4. Balanced flued gas fires
  5. Balanced fan-assisted wall heaters

Some of our clients who trust us with their training:


Entry requirements

You must hold a current CCN1 certificate to undertake this course.

Initial: Is for gas installers whose existing certificate has lapsed by more than 12 months or for candidates who are adding this qualification for the first time.

Re-assessment: To undertake re-assessment, operatives must complete the course no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing qualification. The re-assessment can be completed up to six months before this expiry date without losing any time on your future expiry date.

From Monday 1st September 2022, you must have been registered on the Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 12 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.

Please note that candidates undertaking this for the first time will need to undertake RWE (realistic working environment) training at an additional cost.

Very positive feedback from all staff who were on the training, great trainers and they made the topic interesting and easy to understand.

Richard Irvin Logo
Our trainer, Glenn Wilson.

Other Information

What do I need to bring with me?

You should bring the following with you to your course:

  • One passport-sized photograph (if not already sent)
  • Formal ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
  • Copies of prior learnings, such as ACS or plumbing certificates

How do I book?

Call our office on 0808 164 2780 and speak to one of our friendly customer service team. They will discuss dates and availability and can take payment by debit or credit card to confirm your place.