The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher program helps managers who are dealing with health and safety concerns. After completing the full Managing Safely course, a refresher is advised within three years.
The IOSH Managing Safely refresher course is just a day’s worth of training and provides an overview of how to recognise, assess, and manage workplace hazards. It aids those in charge of the safety and well-being of coworkers in determining and controlling occupational hazards. This includes examining the existing safety procedures within your company.
The purpose of this refresher course is to provide candidates with the necessary knowledge in light of any amendments to legislation, standards, and good practice guidelines.
The 6 study units in the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course are as follows:
- Module 1: Thinking back – reflect on full Managing Safely course.
- Module 2: Leadership.
- Module 3: Plan – review and deliver policy.
- Module 4: Do – undertake risk assessment.
- Module 5: Check – review data types.
- Module 6: Act – applying lessons learnt in the workplace.
The IOSH Managing Safely refresher course can help you develop the following specific skills and knowledge:
- The course will refresh your knowledge of the previous material.
- Build on current knowledge and skills.
- Understand how good leadership may affect health and safety.
- Improve how effectively you manage health and safety in the workplace.
- The terms “health” and “safety” will be reviewed to refresh your understanding.
- Understand the important elements and benefits of a health and safety management system.
- Investigate the many forms of performance metrics.
- Examine the legal ramifications of health and safety regulations on the job.
- Assign risk to the workplace. Determine, assess, and manage risk in your company.
- Learn how to use risk profiling in a business.
- Recognise the significance of past experiences and continuous improvement.