The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher program helps managers who are dealing with health and safety concerns. After completing the full Managing Safely course, a refresher is advised within three years.
The IOSH Managing Safely refresher course is just a day’s worth of training and provides an overview of how to recognise, assess, and manage workplace hazards. It aids those in charge of the safety and well-being of coworkers in determining and controlling occupational hazards. This includes examining the existing safety procedures within your company.<
The purpose of this refresher course is to provide candidates with the necessary knowledge in light of any amendments to legislation, standards, and good practice guidelines.
The 6 study units in the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course are as follows:
- Module 1: Thinking back – reflect on full Managing Safely course.
- Module 2: Leadership.
- Module 3: Plan – review and deliver policy.
- Module 4: Do – undertake risk assessment.
- Module 5: Check – review data types.
- Module 6: Act – applying lessons learnt in the workplace.
The IOSH Managing Safely refresher course can help you develop the following specific skills and knowledge:
- The course will refresh your knowledge of the previous material.
- Build on current knowledge and skills.
- Understand how good leadership may affect health and safety.
- Improve how effectively you manage health and safety in the workplace.
- The terms “health” and “safety” will be reviewed to refresh your understanding.
- Understand the important elements and benefits of a health and safety management system.
- Investigate the many forms of performance metrics.
- Examine the legal ramifications of health and safety regulations on the job.
- Assign risk to the workplace. Determine, assess, and manage risk in your company.
- Learn how to use risk profiling in a business.
- Recognise the significance of past experiences and continuous improvement.