Skills Training Group's LPG Changeover and appliances course is for gas engineers who currently hold either Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety (CCN1) or Core Commercial Gas Safety (COCN1) and are looking to work on LPG appliances in permanent dwellings, residential park homes & leisure accommodation vehicles.
Skills Training Group’s LPG Changeover Course is suitable for any qualified gas engineer who is looking to install, service, commission and repair LPG appliances.
Reassessment: £295 + VAT – Initial: £345 + VAT
Our course includes training and assessment on the below subjects:
CONGLP1 PD – Permanent Dwellings
CONGLP1 LAV – Leisure Accommodation Vehicles
CONGLP1 RPH – Residential Park Homes
Gas emergency actions and procedures
Characteristics of LPG
LPG supply pressures -operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow
controls and valves for cylinders
Cylinder location, safety and sizing
Installation of pipework and fittings. Range of pipe sizes: 6 mm to 28 mm
Tightness testing (PD, LAV and RPH). Total IV ≤ 0.035 m³. OP ≤ 37 mbar
For students undertaking LPG for the first time, an extra half-day of realistic working environment training is completed.
Some of our clients who trust us with their training:
Learners must be currently qualified in either Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety (CCN1) or Core Commercial Gas Safety (COCN1). Learners must also be qualified in the natural gas appliances that they wish to changeover from to LPG appliances. For example, to work on an LPG cooker in a leisure accommodation vehicle, learners need to be qualified in the following:
Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1)
Domestic Cookers (CKR1)
LPG Changeover (CONGLP1 LAV)
Initial: Is for gas installers whose existing certificate has lapsed by more than 12 months or for candidates who are adding this qualification for the first time.
Re-assessment: To undertake re-assessment, operatives must complete the course no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing qualification. The re-assessment can be completed up to six months before this expiry date without losing any time on your future expiry date.
From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
Very positive feedback from all staff who were on the training, great trainers and they made the topic interesting and easy to understand.
Candidates will be given an LCL Awards LPG Safety Manual as part of their course.
What do I need to bring with me?
You should bring the following with you to your course:
One passport-sized photograph (if not already sent)
Formal ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
Copies of prior learnings, such as ACS or plumbing certificates
Is it worthwhile getting qualified in LPG?
The UK’s gas grid network extends to 84% of UK households. Of the remaining 16%, 2 million properties are rural off-grid homes that without LPG would not otherwise have access to gas as a clean, versatile and efficient fuel. LPG is, therefore, a key feature of the UK’s energy mix ensuring that these homes can access gas and the advantages provided by gas-powered systems and technologies.
How do I book?
Call our office on 0808 164 2780 and speak to one of our friendly customer service team. They will discuss dates and availability and can take payment by debit or credit card to confirm your place.
Just a 10-minute walk from both Paisley Gilmour Street train station and the St James’ train station and a 5-minute drive from Glasgow airport, our Paisley centre is convenient to attend. Free parking is also available on-site.
Dalgety Bay Training Academy
Our Dalgety Bay Training Academy provides free onsite parking and is just a 10-minute walkfrom Dalgety Bay train station.
Edinburgh (First Aid Only)
Hotel Novotel, Edinburgh Park, 15 Lochside Avenue, Edinburgh, EH12 9DJ
Birmingham City Centre (First Aid Only)
THE PRIORY ROOMS MEETING AND CONFERENCE CENTRE, Quaker Meeting House, 40 Bull St, Birmingham, B4 6AF
Solihull (First Aid Only)
West Warwickshire Sports Complex, 78 Grange Rd, Solihull B91 1DA