Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 2 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £295 + VAT
Skills Training Group’s LPG Changeover and appliances course is for gas engineers who currently hold either Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety (CCN1) or Core Commercial Gas Safety (COCN1) and are looking to work on LPG appliances in permanent dwellings, residential park homes & leisure accommodation vehicles.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Learners must be currently qualified in either Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety (CCN1) or Core Commercial Gas Safety (COCN1). Learners must also be qualified in the natural gas appliances that they wish to changeover from to LPG appliances. For example, to work on an LPG cooker in a leisure accommodation vehicle, learners need to be qualified in the following:
- Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1)
- Domestic Cookers (CKR1)
- LPG Changeover (CONGLP1 LAV)
From Monday 1st October 2018, you need to have been registered on the Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add any additional appliance qualifications.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Skills Training Group’s LPG Changeover Course is suitable for any qualified gas engineer who is looking to install, service, commission and repair LPG appliances.
Our course includes training and assessment on the below subjects:
- CONGLP1 PD – Permanent Dwellings
- CONGLP1 LAV – Leisure Accommodation Vehicles
- CONGLP1 RPH – Residential Park Homes
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Characteristics of LPG
- LPG supply pressures -operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow
controls and valves for cylinders
- Cylinder location, safety and sizing
- Installation of pipework and fittings. Range of pipe sizes: 6 mm to 28 mm
- Tightness testing (PD, LAV and RPH). Total IV ≤ 0.035 m³. OP ≤ 37 mbar
Candidates will be given an LCL Awards LPG Safety Manual as part of their course.
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods, including practical assessment, scenario questions, short written response & multiple-choice theory questions.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
You should bring the following with you to your course:
- One passport-sized photograph (if not already sent)
- Formal ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
- Copies of prior learnings, such as your core ACS certificate.
Books will be issued on day 1 of the course.
WHO IS THE COURSE ACCREDITED BY?
Our LPG Changeover Package Course is accredited by LCL Awards, a leading building services accreditation body.
IS IT WORTHWHILE GETTING QUALIFIED IN LPG?
The UK’s gas grid network extends to 84% of UK households. Of the remaining 16%, 2 million properties are rural off-grid homes that without LPG would not otherwise have access to gas as a clean, versatile and efficient fuel. LPG is, therefore, a key feature of the UK’s energy mix ensuring that these homes can access gas and the advantages provided by gas-powered systems and technologies.
HOW DO I BOOK?
Call our office on 0808 164 2780 and speak to one of our friendly customer service team. They will discuss dates and availability and can take payment by debit or credit card to confirm your place.