Course type: Workshop
Estimated course length: 1 Day
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £150 + VAT
Tests gas safety competencies to install, commission, exchange and remove domestic gas meters.
Range of meters Primary or secondary meters of capacity up to and including 6 m3 /h.
CCN1 or equivalent and changeover CESP1 or CMA1 or CMA3 or QCF or S/NVQ. Operatives installing MP primary meters < 6m3/h with supply pressure > 75 mbar also require REGT1. Operatives holding CESP1, CMA1 & CMA3 are limited to install, exchange, remove and commission primary meters only.
From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
Membership of the Gas Safe Register is a legal requirement for any installer wishing to carry out gas work in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey.
The candidate will be assessed in the following areas:
- Incorrect meter locations
- Permission & requirements for meters & regulators when relocated
- Volume of gas to be passed by a 6 m3/h meter to affect a satisfactory purge
- Meters supplying mobile dwellings, and boats
- ECV/MIV when meter is installed remotely from dwelling
- Requirements for a number of primary meters grouped together and serving a multioccupancy building
- Criteria for installation of secondary meters (not required for CESP1, CMA1 or CMA3.)
- Safety notices and labels for meters and meter installation pipework
- Criteria for providing a gas supply to installation pipework and/or appliances for first time
- Procedure for installing meter when service is not connected to gas i.e. GSIUR Reg.33
- Recognize unsafe meter installations