Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 2 Days
Cost: £312 + VAT
ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING INSTALLER COURSE OVERVIEW
Skills Training Group’s EV Installer course covers both theory and practical training on the installation, fault finding and inspection and testing of EV charging points.
The EV sector is an incredibly exciting new industry that is suitable for experienced electricians who are looking to expand on their current range of services and generate additional revenue or specialise in EV charging installations. With Government targets to reduce emissions and tax benefits for driving electric vehicles, more people are becoming encouraged to purchase electric vehicles.
This qualification is designed for practising electricians, electrical engineers & technicians with experience in electrical installations & inspection and testing.
Although there are no formal pre-requisites to this qualification, applicants should be working within the industry.
DO I NEED THIS COURSE?
There aren’t enough EV charging installers to meet the demand for new electric vehicle charging points. By becoming qualified to fit electric vehicle charging units, you’ll be ahead of the curve on a new sector that should be lucrative for the coming years.
ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING COURSE CONTENT/SYLLABUS
- Requirements for electric vehicle charging equipment installations.
- Know and identify Equipment of, and differences between, the four charging modes, and Wireless Power Transfer types (WPT).
- Preparation for the design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Be able to prepare to design and install electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Installation of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic, commercial and Industrial Locations.
- Requirements for initial verification and handover of an electric vehicle charging equipment installation.
- Be able to conduct inspection and testing, and finish the handover to the client.
COURSE EXAMS AND ASSESSMENT
You’ll undertake two types of assessment during your course:
- Online Multiple Choice Exam
- Practical Assessment
Please note that you must provide a form of photographic ID such as a passport or a driving license at least 5 working days before the course start date. We need this to register you for your electronic assessment.
You can use your own tester for the practical assessment as long as it complies with GS38.
COURSE MATERIAL & BOOKS
The Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (IET Standards) – ISBN 978-1839531804 book will be available for you to use when undertaking your course but purchasing of the book is not included in the cost of your course.
HOW DO I BOOK?
Call our office on 0808 164 2780 and speak to one of our friendly customer service team. They will discuss dates and availability and can take payment by debit or credit card to confirm your place.