Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 5 Days
Cost: £845 + VAT
INSPECTION & TESTING COURSE OVERVIEW
Skills Training Group’s LCL Awards QCF – Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification, Periodic Inspection Testing, Condition Reporting and Certification of Electrical Installations Course (C&G 2391-52 equivalent) is for experienced electricians who are responsible for the initial verification and certification of electrical installations.
Course costs include training, assessment & certification fees.
LCL Awards is an OFQUAL approved Awarding Organisation. The qualification is recognised by the Joint Industry Board (JIB), Scottish Joint Industry Board (SJIB) and Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) and is a direct equivalent of the C&G 2391-52.
Recognised by Competent Person Schemes such as NAPIT, NICEIC, STROMA, SELECT.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements to sit our inspection & testing course, learners should hold a current 18th edition wiring regulations qualification and have experience working in the electrical industry, including 3 phase installations.
INSPECTION & TESTING COURSE CONTENT/SYLLABUS
The course will cover the specific methods of inspecting and testing all types of installations, whether single or three-phase, to the current requirements of BS 7671. It covers the inspection and testing techniques as given in IET Guidance Note 3 and how to professionally complete Certification and Reports.
Knowledge & understanding outcomes:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Use of test equipment used to undertake inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Testing energised installations
- Initial verification, testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Confirm safe systems of work and the suitability of the electrical installation for initial verification
- Test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Complete and report the outcome of the initial verification and issue the electrical installation certificate to the client
- Be able to commission the electrical installation
- Requirements for periodic inspecting and testing of electrical installations.
- Completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation.
- Confirm safe systems of work and the suitability of the electrical installation for periodic inspection and testing.
- Carry out testing of electrical installations
- Complete and report the condition of the electrical installation to the client.
INSPECTION & TESTING COURSE MATERIAL
The following books will be available for you to use when undertaking your course, but are not included in the cost of your course:
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 8th Edition – ISBN 978-1785614521
- IET On-Site Guide (BS7671:2018, 7th Edition) – ISBN 978-1785614422
Our recommendation is that you refresh your understanding of guidance note 3 prior to attending the training. You should also read the electrical safety first best practice document here: https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/mediafile/100740439/Best-Practice-Guide-4-Issue-4-.pdf
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
You should bring the following with you to your course:
- One passport-sized photograph (if not already sent)
- Formal ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
- Copy of your current 18th edition certificate
HOW DO I BOOK?
Call our Glasgow office on 0808 164 2780 and speak to one of our friendly customer service team. They will discuss dates and availability and can take payment by debit or credit card to confirm your place.