With the assistance of their members, the CIPHE and the Heat Pump Association created this certification to address the requirement that all heating systems be built with a low temperature target from the outset in order to maximise system efficiency. This qualification’s goal is to upskill learners in the idea of low-temperature heating systems. It will enable them to show that they have the knowledge and understanding necessary to install low-temperature heating and hot water systems in homes.
The key learning topics we cover on the course will include:
- know the latest industry standards and regulatory framework relating to heating design
- know the requirements for undertaking a room by room heat loss for a property
- know how to correctly size heat emitters for low temperature heating systems
- know how to correctly size pumps and pipework
- know how to correctly size a domestic hot water system
- know the basic design principles of system configurations