Course type: Workshop
Estimated course length: 3 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £495 + VAT
CCN1 – Core Domestic Gas Safety, including CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analysis)
Initial: The Initial CCN1 qualification and appliances course is for gas installers whose existing CCN1 has lapsed by more than 12 months or for candidates who are new to the industry and have undertaken an approved prior learning programme such as the Gas Foundation Course.
Re-assessment: To undertake re-assessment, operatives must complete the course no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing CCN1 qualification. The CCN1 re-assessment can be completed up to six months before this expiry date.
From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
- Gas safety legislation and Standards.
- Gas emergency actions and procedures.
- Products and characteristics of combustion
- Installation of pipework and fittings.
- Tightness testing and purging.
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators.
- Unsafe situations, emergency notices and warning labels.
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves.
- Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates.
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls.
- Chimney Standards.
- Chimney inspection and testing.
- Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted chimneys.
- Re-establish existing gas supply and relight appliances.
- Inspect, test, commission and maintain gas appliances
Candidates will receive an LCL Awards Domestic Gas Safety Manual on the first day of their course.
ACS GAS ASSESSMENT METHOD
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods, including multiple-choice, short written response and scenario questions and observed practical assessment.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
You should bring the following with you to your course:
- One passport sized photograph (if not already sent)
- Formal ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
- Copies of prior learnings, such as ACS or plumbing certificates
Books will be issued on day 1 of the course.
HOW DO I BOOK?
Call our office on 0808 164 2780 and speak to one of our friendly customer service team. They will discuss dates and availability and can take payment by debit or credit card to confirm your place.