Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 1 Day
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Entry Requirements: CCN1
Cost: £150-230 + VAT
Skills Training Group’s CKR1 training & assessment course tests gas safety competence to install, commission, exchange, disconnect, service, repair and break down domestic cooking appliances.
CKR1 Re-assessment can be completed in half a day and costs £150 + VAT including certification fees.
CKR1 Initial Assessment can be completed in one day and costs £230 + VAT including certification fees.
For those adding CKR1 for the first time, you will need to undertake training in a Realistic Working Environment (RWE) in our centre. This will involve carrying out installation and maintenance on gas cookers.
Please contact our customer service team on 0808 164 2780 for course start dates.
CCN1 / CCLP1 or equivalent changeover combination, or aligned QCF or S/NVQ, or Group Competency Certificate.
From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
- Identification of unsafe conditions diagnosing gas safety faults
- diagnosis of gas safety faults
- suitable and unsuitable appliance room/space locations
- clearances – proximity of combustible materials
- fitting cooking appliances in dwellings in multi-occupancy buildings
- Flexible & Pliable connections used for built in appliances
- Limited abilities & additional requirements for domestic cooking Installers in educational establishments (reference to IGEM/UP/11)