Course type: Workshop
Estimated course length: 3 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Entry Requirements: The CCN1 re-assessment course is for gas installers who need to renew their domestic ACS qualifications. To undertake re-assessment, operatives must complete the course no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing qualifications. The CCN1 re-assessment can be completed up to six months before this expiry date. Gas installers who have held the qualifications previously but have let them lapse by more than 12 months, must undertake Initial Assessment, which takes an extra day to complete. From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
Cost: £650 + VAT
To provide operatives with knowledge and skill relating to the installation, exchange, removal and commissioning of gas meters.
Range of meters covered – Primary and secondary meters up to 6 cubic metres per hour capacity.
Operatives installing meters with a higher supply pressure, between 75 mbar – 2 bar, will additionally require the REGT1 assessment.
To undertake re-assessment, operatives must complete the course no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing CMA1 qualification.
The CMA1 re-assessment can be completed up to six months before this expiry date.
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
Membership of the Gas Safe Register is a legal requirement for any installer wishing to carry out gas work in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey.
The candidate will be assessed in the following areas:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Test for tightness
- Checking and/or setting meter regulations
- Identification of unsafe situations
- The Operation and positioning of emergency controls
- Emergency notices and warning labels
- The operation and checking of gas safety devices and controls
- Flue testing
- Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted flue assemblies
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of combustion
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances