Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 2 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £375 + VAT
Skills Training Groups gas emergency service provider changeover course (CODNESP1) is designed for gas installers who intend to carry out work on behalf of the gas emergency service providers or their contractor (i.e. National Grid), dealing with gas emergencies downstream of the emergency control valve. Candidates must already hold Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1).
CODNESP1 is a changeover course for experienced gas installers who already hold CCN1.
DO I NEED THIS COURSE?
The gas emergency service provider changeover course is for installers who intend to work alongside the national gas safety emergency service.
This Gas Safety Assessment comprises of 11 Core Competences:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Ventilation requirements for Domestic and Commercial Appliances
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Tightness Testing & Purging of Domestic Sized NG Installations
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Notices and Warning Labels
- The Operation of and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Flueing Standards
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Re-light Appliances/Plants
Range of fittings covered: All Gas Fittings. A certificate of competence issued against this assessment criteria will be valid when the holder is carrying out emergency service work covered by the certificate for a Gas Transporter or appointed Emergency Services Provider.