Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 1.5 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £375 + VAT
Skills Training Group’s gas emergency service provider changeover course (CODNESP1) is designed for gas engineers intending to carry out work for gas emergency service providers or their contractor (i.e. National Grid or Scottish Gas Networks), dealing with gas emergencies downstream of the emergency control valve.
Costs include training, assessment and certification fees.
CODNESP1 is a changeover course for experienced gas engineers who have a current CCN1 qualification.
DO I NEED THIS COURSE?
The gas emergency service provider changeover course is for installers who intend to work alongside the national gas safety emergency service.
This Gas Safety Assessment comprises of 11 Core Competences:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Ventilation requirements for Domestic and Commercial Appliances
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Tightness Testing & Purging of Domestic Sized NG Installations
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Notices and Warning Labels
- The Operation of and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Flueing Standards
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Re-light Appliances/Plants
Range of fittings covered: All Gas Fittings.
A certificate of competence issued against this assessment criteria will be valid when the holder is carrying out emergency service work covered by the certificate for a Gas Transporter or appointed Emergency Services Provider.