Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 5 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £850 + VAT
This package course includes training and assessment on commercial core gas safety, installation first fix of commercial pipework and appliances, commission, service, repair and breakdown of 3 commercial appliances and tightness testing and direct purging of installation pipework.
This package is for experienced gas engineers. For Commercial Heating engineers, a COCN1 certificate is required. For Domestic Engineers changing over to Commercial Heating, a current CCN1 certificate is required.
From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
The course includes training on the following:
- Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations
- Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure
- Installation requirements for commercial gas pipework
- Commercial chimney requirements and Clean Air Act
- Ventilation requirements for commercial appliances in different locations
- Combustion analysis including NOx and SOx
- Operation of forced draught burners
- Commercial appliance and pipework controls
- Strength testing, tightness testing and purging of commercial gas pipework
The assessment includes practical tasks and multiple-choice question papers on the following modules:
- COCN1/CODNCO1 – Core Commercial Gas Safety
- ICPN1 – Installation First Fix on Commercial Pipework
- CIGA1 – Indirect Fired Commercial Appliances
- CDGA1 – Direct Fired Commercial Appliances
- CORT1 – Overhead Radiant Tube & Radiant Plaque Heaters
- TPCP1a – Tightness Testing & Direct Purging of Pipework not exceeding 1m³ in volume