Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 1 Day
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Entry Requirements: CCN1
Cost: £150 + VAT
For engineers holding CCN1 or CCLP1 (or CCCN1 or COCN1 or CCLNG1 for work in non-domestic premises only). Where these were sat from 1st April 2012, engineers are not required to sit CPA1. Potential Candidates should be advised that combustion performance analysis is now contained in CCN1 and CCLP1. However, if required for their purposes, Candidates may sit CPA1 Initial or Re-assessment, as appropriate.
CPA1 tests gas safety competence to carry out combustion performance gas analysis required for commissioning at initial installation, re-commissioning after servicing or replacement of parts or the identification of full service requirements on gas-fired appliances.
CCN1 or CoCDN1 or CCLP1 or COCN1 or CCCN1 or CCLNG1 or QCF or S/NVQ.
From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
- re-testing appliances when new components have been fitted
- unsafe situation category for flued appliance that fails to reach satisfactory combustion performance
- unsafe situation category for flueless appliance that fails to reach satisfactory combustion performance
- additional allowances for CO levels for gas cookers
- understanding action levels for gas appliances
- if CO/CO2 ratio levels remain above suitable performance levels after adjustment, explain actions to be taken