Course type: Workshop
Estimated course length: 3 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Entry Requirements: The CCN1 & Appliances Re-assessment Package Course is for gas engineers who are renewing their domestic ACS accreditation. To be eligible to undertake re-assessment, engineers must have a current ACS or where they have expired, the re-assessment course can be taken no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing qualifications. Gas engineers who have expired more than 12 months need to undertake the CCN1 & appliance Initial Package Course. From Monday 1st October 2018, you must have been registered Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
Cost: £650 + VAT
Our Domestic ACS Refresher Package (CCN1 & Appliances) includes training and re-assessment on the below:
- CCN1 – Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety
- CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analysis)
- CENWAT – Domestic Gas Central Heating Boilers & Water Heaters
- HTR1 – Domestic Gas Fires & Wall Heaters
- CKR1 – Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
To legally carry out gas work in the UK, Isle of Man and Guernsey, it is a requirement that you are approved by the Gas Safe Register. You are required as part of your Gas Safe Registration to hold a current CCN1 qualification including additional accreditation for any of the appliances that you wish to work on.
Domestic ACS Refresher Package (CCN1 & Appliances) training covers:
- Gas safety legislation and Standards.
- Gas emergency actions and procedures.
- Products and characteristics of combustion
- Installation of pipework and fittings.
- Tightness testing and purging.
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators.
- Unsafe situations, emergency notices and warning labels.
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves.
- Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates.
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls.
- Chimney Standards.
- Chimney inspection and testing.
- Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted chimneys.
- Re-establish existing gas supply and relight appliances.
CCN1 re-assessment is assessed using multiple-choice theory, written theory and practical assessments.
After successfully completing the course, learners will be issued with the LCL Awards Certificate in (CCN1) and the re-assessment appliances they have undertaken.
Candidates will be given an LCL Awards Domestic Gas Safety Training Manual on the first day of their course.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
You should bring the following with you to your course:
- One passport-sized photograph (if not already sent)
- Formal ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
- Copies of prior learnings, such as ACS or plumbing certificates
Books will be issued on day 1 of the course.
HOW DO I BOOK?
Call our office on 0808 164 2780 and speak to one of our friendly customer service team. They will discuss dates and availability and can take payment by debit or credit card to confirm your place.