This course allows you to test gas safety competence in install, exchange, disconnect, service, breakdown repair, and commission LPG closed flue gas fires.
Operatives must hold either the Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety (CCN1) or Core Commercial Gas Safety (COCN1). Also, operatives must hold the domestic natural gas qualification for LPG appliance types that they wish to work on. For example, to work on an LPG fired cooker on a boat, operatives must hold the following:
- CORE DOMESTIC GAS SAFETY (CCN1)
- COOKERS (CKR1)
- LPG CHANGEOVER (CONGLP1)
- BOATS (CONGLP B)
From Monday 1st September 2022, you must have been registered on the Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 12 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
The course includes training and assessment on the following:
- Identifying unsafe conditions
- Diagnosis of gas safety faults
- Suitable and unsuitable appliance room/space locations
- Flue installation and testing procedures
- Ventilation for flue cavity
- Operation of mechanical gas safety control devices
- Clearances – proximity of combustible materials