Course type: Workshop
Estimated course length: 1 Day
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
Cost: £150 + VAT
REGT1 MEDIUM PRESSURE METERS COURSE OVERVIEW
This assessment is designed to test the gas safety competence of an operative in the work of installing, testing & commissioning domestic medium pressure meter regulators.
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
Membership of the Gas Safe Register is a legal requirement for any installer wishing to carry out gas work in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey.
Medium pressure meter installations may be encountered when a Gas Transporter (GT):
- Has replaced an old leaking gas main by a process known as ‘insertion’ whereby the new Polyethene (PE) main is inserted up the bore of the old main, or
- An existing mains system is extended to reach the outlying villages (rural gasification) where previously mains did not exist.
On successful completion of this course, learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- The safe installation, removal and exchange of regulators
- Checking and setting meter regulation using suitable test apparatus
- Emergency notices and warning labels
- Sealing of regulators and positioning of emergency control valves
- Fitting, testing and commissioning of medium pressure regulators and valves (Pressures greater than 75 millibar)
The candidate will be assessed in the following areas:
- PRS 28/E medium pressure regulators
- PRS 29/E medium pressure regulators
- Requirements of British Standard 6400-2:2006
- Installation requirements
- Testing of medium pressure regulators
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
- Learners must bring their current ACS certificates
- Gas Safe card
- One Passport Photo
- Formal ID
On successful completion of the course, candidates will receive REGT:1 Medium Pressure Regulator certification from LCL Awards.