Skill Training Group’s guide will consider the changing business environment for sole traders and SMEs in the building services sector, giving practical advice on how to survive and thrive as we return to a more recognisable working life, including:
- Personal safety – how to keep yourself and others safe while you work: employees, sub-contractors, customers and anyone else affected by your business. Government guidance on PPE and social distancing specific to tradespeople and additional measures you may need to adopt.
- Gas Safety – gas safety exemptions, how and when to undertake gas safety work.
- Financial support – government-backed schemes and who is eligible.
- Digital marketing – why it is more important than ever before, where to invest your time and effort and how to fund it.
- Upskilling and diversification – plugging skills gaps in your workforce, joining new sectors, training for complementary technologies, such as renewables and heat pumps.
- ‘Green’ schemes – HEEPS, Green Homes Grant and more, installer accreditations.
- Local community and economy – local opportunities, getting involved, how to be helpful and connect with customers.
- Installer experience – real accounts of life under lockdown and the focus moving forward.
To view our comprehensive guide, click here.