It’s a big decision: what to do with your life. Are you looking for a job that offers stability? Or, do you want to find a career that challenges you every day? There are so many options, but it can be hard to know which is the right choice for you.
These questions matter because we live in a world of uncertainties. Leaving school, getting a job, and staying in that role until you retire are no longer the norm, so it’s important to know what you want to achieve in life.
This blog post will discuss some of the best career choices for young people. We’ll talk about the benefits of each option and help you decide which path is right for you.
Career Uncertainty Is Common Now
As we’ve seen in recent years, our society is changing dramatically. Technology continues to evolve, and the job you choose today might not exist tomorrow.
It’s a scary thought, but it’s important to remember that change is nothing new.
Automation will change the job market, and the following jobs might not be around in the next ten years:
- Retail cashiers
- Stock and freight room workers
- Taxi dispatchers
- Social media managers
However, with automation will come new jobs, so it’s more about finding a career that offers some security.
Next, we’ll look at some great career choices for young people that will offer growth opportunities.
Marketing and Copywriting
The marketing field is constantly changing, so there’s always a demand for new talent. As a marketer, you’ll need to be creative and adaptable, with the ability to think outside the box.
Copywriting is a vital part of marketing, a skill applicable to any industry. If you’re good with words and have a knack for persuasion, copywriting could be your perfect career choice.
Benefits of a career in marketing:
● You’ll never be bored: the marketing world is constantly changing, so you’ll always have something new to learn.
● There are endless opportunities: you can work in any industry, from fashion to technology.
● You can be self-employed: with the rise of digital marketing, starting your own business is easier than ever.
● You don’t necessarily need a degree (this is especially true for writing roles).
If you love animals and want to make a difference in their lives, then a career in veterinary nursing could be perfect for you. In this role, you’ll provide essential care for sick and injured animals and offer support to their owners.
Benefits of being a veterinary nurse:
- You can have an active role in caring for animals.
- The work is rewarding.
- There’s a great deal of interaction with pet owners.
Veterinary nursing does require some qualifications, but with so many pet owners in the UK, this career will continue to provide opportunities for people.
There is a skills shortage in the UK, which means there are plenty of opportunities for tradespeople. If you’re good with your hands and have an interest in practical work, then a career in the skilled trades could be perfect for you.
Benefits of being a tradesperson:
- You can earn a good wage.
- The work is varied and exciting.
- There are plenty of routes into roles.
- You can learn on the job (many apprenticeships are available).
The skilled trades offer something different from many other careers, and it’s a great option if you’re looking for stability. Plumbers and boiler experts are in demand, and there are plenty of opportunities to work for yourself.
We recommend investing in new entrant gas training courses because they’ll give you the skills and knowledge you need to gain employment.
Healthcare is an essential service, and there will always be a demand for healthcare workers. If you’re compassionate and want to make a difference in people’s lives, this could be the perfect career.
Benefits of being a healthcare worker:
- You can have a direct impact on people’s lives.
- The work is extremely rewarding.
- You’ll gain transferable skills that span any industry.
- There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Healthcare workers include doctors, nurses, and therapists, but many support roles are also available. Whatever route you choose, you’ll play an essential role in keeping people healthy and happy.
Engineering is a vital profession, and many different types of engineers exist. Whether you’re interested in designing bridges or developing new products, there’s an engineering role to suit you.
Benefits of being an engineer:
- You can have a direct impact on the world around you.
- The work is hugely varied.
- You’ll gain extensive knowledge.
- Engineers are in demand everywhere.
Engineers use their scientific knowledge to solve problems and improve the world around us. If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career, engineering could be perfect.
Teaching is hugely rewarding, and there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career. If you’re patient, compassionate, and want to make a difference in young people’s lives, this could be the perfect profession.
Benefits of being a teacher:
● You can have a direct impact on young people’s lives.
● The work is varied and interesting.
● You can move into senior management roles.
Teachers play an essential role in society, and there will always be a demand for their skills. The career also offers a lot of stability, and teachers can look forward to continuing professional growth.
Sales is an excellent career for people who are outgoing and enjoy working with others. If you’re looking for an exciting and fast-paced role, then sales could be perfect for you.
Benefits of being in sales:
- High performers constantly move up the ladder.
- You can earn a good wage.
- The job sometimes enables you to travel.
Sales roles offer something different from many other careers, and it’s a great option if you’re looking for stability. Salespeople are in demand, and there are plenty of opportunities to work for yourself.
The Bottom Line
These are just some of the best career options for young people, and as you can see, there are plenty of avenues to explore. However, the career you choose should give you both security and satisfaction.
With technology dominating our society, there will likely be changes in the job market, but choosing the right career can ensure you have a happy professional life.